Friday, July 10, 2009

Where I've Been...

Just in case anyone randomly checks this blog and wonders why nothing new ever gets posted, the answer is simple: laziness. Or, "exhaustion" might be a friendlier (if excessively dramatic) way of putting it... I started posting recipes here largely for my own benefit. I hate when I make a dish and it turns out perfectly, but a month later I have no idea what it was I had once done to make it so perfect. By posting recipes here with the actual amounts of ingredients that I use, I give myself a reference for future cooking (and, by having it online, I can access said recipes from anywhere). The problem with this is that in order to post the recipes for what I actually do, I have to measure the ingredients as I use them. Sometimes, like when I made batch after batch of hummus before arriving at what I consider to be the perfect recipe (the perfect Emily-style recipe, at least), I enjoy the process of tracking what I do and how the changes I make turn out. Most times, though, I cook as a break from using my brain so much at work, and what I enjoy most is just throwing a bunch of stuff together in semi-arbitrary amounts until the dish tastes the way I want it to.
For those reasons, I have every intention of posting recipes here again... but it's going to be when I'm a little less tuckered out from work stuff and life stuff, so it's bound to be erratic at best. Sorry about that.

No comments: